Becoming a Block Parent
Apply for a FREE online Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Be sure to click Block Parent Program under “Organization” to receive your PVSC free of charge.
- Police Services will call you when the checks are completed. In order to pick up the PVSCs, each
person, or designated person, must attend their local Police Division and present two pieces of
identification (one must include a photo) ie. (driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, student card,
proof of residence etc.)
Scan and email all Police Vulnerable Sector Checks and your completed Block Parent Application to
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail directly to:
- Waterloo Regional Block Parent® Program
425 Hespeler Road, Suite 413
Upon receipt and approval of your Block Parent application and all PVSCs, a representative from the Block
Parent Program will contact you to set up a convenient time for your training and orientation session. The brief
30-minute training and orientation sessions will be conducted in your home. Our representative will ensure the
suitability of your home, the visibility of the Block Parent sign, and that there is a clear understanding of the
responsibilities of the Block Parent.
- Block Parents are required to apply for a new PVSC every two years;
- And update the Block Parent application if there are any changes
Thank you for your interest in Becoming a Block Parent, Building Safer Communities, One Block at a Time!